The common Dutch name for this canal (and the next) in the oldest part of Amsterdam is “De Wallen”, but foreign visitors know this part as the Red Light District. Here depicted in a time when this aspect was less visible. On the top and middle row by Mesmaekers in the 1930’s and 1940’s. The bottom row shows a similar scene by La Turnhoutoise from the 1950’s and the final  version by Carta Mundi, from 1971 on. In the background the backside of the St. Nicolas church is visible.



This ace by La Turnhoutoise, Belgium, 1950's, was the base of the final design by Carta Mundi, produced since 1972 on.